Michell l. klein (retired)
Attorney Mitchell L. Klein has assisted West Virginians with legal issues since 1984. Mr. Klein has been a managing partner in real estate and bankruptcy law firms in southern West Virginia and eastern Ohio since the start of his career. His primary areas of practice today include bankruptcy and consumer protection. Today Mitchell Klein’s practice is one of the premier bankruptcy practices in Southern West Virginia.
Mitchell Klein began his career as an officer in the United States Marine Corp serving from 1975 to 2000, where he rose to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Mr. Klein served three years of active duty service follow by twenty-one years of active duty reserves. In the Marine Corp, Mr. Klein served as a Company Commander, Battalion Executive Officer, and infantry Battalion Commander of 2nd Battalion, 25th Marines consisting of 800 Marines and Sailors.
Mitchell Klein retired from the practice of law in April 2017.
A few of Mr. Klein’s career highlights include:
• J.D. in Law from Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law in 1983.
• Pettit College of Law Dean’s List
• Chief Justice of the Pettit College of Law Moot Court.
• Master’s Degree in History from Marshall University in 2009.
• Bachelor of Arts in History from Rutgers University in 1978.
• Licensed to practice law in West Virginia and Ohio courts.
• Licensed in the Southern and Northern District Federal Courts of West Virginia and the Southern District Federal Courts of Ohio.
• Licensed in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
• Bankruptcy Trustee for the Northern and Southern districts of West Virginia from 2002 to 2008.
• Licensed Title Insurance Agent since 1987.
• Adjunct Professor at Marshall University, Department of History since 2007.
• Adjunct Professor at Mountwest Community and Technical College, Department of Business, Technology, and Workforce Development teaching bankruptcy for paralegal students.
• CLE instructor providing a CLE instruction on bankruptcy in 2012 and real property in 2013.
• Eagle Scout.
• Scoutmaster for Troop 92, Tri-State Area Council, from Huntington, WV.